Sinclair Dermatology are actively seeking male and female Victorian residents aged 18 -80 years with a documented diagnosis of cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) for a minimum of 3 months. Patients are required to have active cutaneous lupus and be a candidate for systemic treatment.
Approximately 30-40% of patients with CLE are not responding well to antimalarials. In patients with long-standing disease or high disease activity, a variety of other immunosuppressive and immunomodulatory drugs are used with varying success. To date, no drug has been specifically approved for the treatment of CLE. There is an unmet need for therapies with novel mechanisms of action targeting the inflammation in severe CLE that are more effective and safer than current treatment, which is what our new lupus clinical trial is doing.
- There are 6 visits lasting approximately 1 hour, over 20 weeks
- There is no cost to participate
- Participants will receive travel reimbursement for all attended visits
- There is a 1 in 2 chance of receiving placebo
- Participants may have to meet certain washout criteria depending on systemic medications taken prior to screening and/or randomisation
For those who are interested or would like further information about participating in this trial, please email email@example.com or visit their website www.sinclairdermatology.com.au to book in an assessment call with the recruitment specialist. Attached is a flyer if you would like to share with others digitally or via social media. CLE Flyer3